Meanwhile, a group of intrepid readers is engaging in a marathon reading of Moby-Dick back in New York City this weekend.
Here’s the schedule:
Friday, November 16
- 5PM to 12AM: WORD, 126 Franklin Street Brooklyn, NY 11222
Saturday, November 17
- 10AM to 3PM: Housing Works Bookstore Cafe, 126 Crosby Street, New York, NY 10012
- 3PM to 4PM: Transit to Brooklyn
- 4PM to 12AM: Molasses Books, 770 Hart Street, Brooklyn, NY 11237 (map)
Sunday, November 18
- 10AM to 4PM: Housing Works Bookstore Cafe, 126 Crosby Street, New York, NY 10012
For more information, visit the marathon’s website (http://mobydickmarathonnyc.org/), and take a look at this New York Times article. The groovy poster is by Bianca Stone and Paul Tunis. Bryan and I wish we could be there!